PV module power output is increased by converting short wavelength components into visible light elements. Output power is increased >1%. Technology suitable for EVA and POE encapsulant films
Cybrid has commercialized a family of cross-linkable POE under trade name Cybright POE that includes six distinct formulations. However, due to a popular demand, chemically inert thermoplastic olefin encapsulant film is also under development with enhanced thermo-mechanical properties, high melting point and low glass transition temperature designed for ultra-fast lamination cycles without marginalizing weathering stability. Estimated product release 1Q 2017.
A new family of EVA encapsulants are under development that will be formulated to meet PV industry standard performance, processing and long term reliability requirements. New EVA formulations include:
- Transparent type without UV blocking agents designated as EVA-T
- UV cut-off type @360 nm designated as EVA-C
- Highly reflective white behind the cell encapsulant designated as EVA-W
- With flow additives to support single and double glass PV module constructions
- Estimated product release 1Q 2017